BIG GAME QUESTIONNAIRE
All game must be recorded with the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc. within the time limit and while a member is in good standing. Game taken before becoming a member of WBH or game not reported to WBH will not be eligible for any awards.
MUST be a
Bow & Arrow kill.
IMPORTANT STEPS to FOLLOW to OBTAIN YOUR BIG GAME AWARD with ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE FORM BELOW:
1. ALL BIG GAME QUESTIONNAIRES MUST BE SENT NO LATER THAN MIDNIGHT ON FEBRUARY 10th to be eligible for an award for the kill or a landowner payment. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. You must SEND IN YOUR GOLD PIN SEPARATELY if filling out YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE ONLINE and if a stone is to be inserted. If you lost your pin, you may replace it for cost, which is $10.00 for pin and $10.00 for each stone it contained (ie: pin with three diamonds will cost $40.00 to replace). Include replacement fee with online questionnaire or state on questionnaire that you lost pin and DO NOT WISH TO REPLACE IT. YOU MUST SEND IN THE PIN AFTER FILLING OUT THE ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE. INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND MEMBER NUMBER WITH THE PIN. Your award will be delayed until pin is received.
3. The best way to SEND YOUR GOLD PIN is IN A PADDED ENVELOPE. Many pins are torn out by the post office when they cancel stamps on regular envelopes. Any lost or damaged pins become your responsibility to replace, and can be expensive. Please ship them to us safely and carefully.
4. BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR REGISTRATION TAG NUMBER.... you must list it on the questionnaire... JOT IT DOWN BEFORE YOU CUT UP AND FREEZE YOUR DEER.
5. DO NOT MAKE LANDOWNER PAYMENTS TO YOUR RELATIVES OR OTHER WBH MEMBERS.... PLEASE!
6. Reminder -- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to see that the WBH Office Manager receives your questionnaire (and gold pin if stone is to be inserted) by the DEADLINE DATE of FEB. 10th. Insuring your pin is the safest way to send it, or by United Parcel Service.
7. If you want to be sure WBH received your pin and online questionnaire, SEND ALONG A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE and it will be returned to you indicating both your pin and questionnaire have been received.
8. ALL GOLD PINS WILL BE RETURNED TO MEMBERS ABOUT MAY 15... it is impossible to get them all finished before that date because none of the pins go to the jewelers for stone insertion until after the February 10th deadline.
9. If you have questions, contact the Wisconsin Bowhunters Office.
If you want to make purchases or donate in regard to this harvest,
fill out the HARVEST VOUCHER below.
10. IF CONVICTED OF BOWHUNTING VIOLATION, DO NOT send in a questionnaire for any award.
11. Honor Roll patches are available at $5.00 per patch. Additional patches may also be purchased for $5.00 per patch. Order on form below.
WBH BOW DESCRIPTION
"When, in the by-laws and rules of the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc., the term "bow" is used, this term is understood to have a specific and restrictive meaning as follows: the term "Bow" defines a device for launching an arrow that is composed of a handle with a grip, that supports one or more bending limbs that power a string onto which an arrow is nocked. In operation, the handle of the bow shall be grasped by the hand or prosthetic device, the string shall be drawn entirely by the muscle power of the archers arm/arms and shall be held at any position in the draw entirely by the same muscle power. The release of the string shall be the direct action of the hand or prosthetic device of the shooter."
If taken on Private Land, you may send $5.00 as your share of the $10.00 to be paid the landowner in your name. Please check the necessary box on the Harvest Voucher form. WBH encourages members to contribute the full $10 if you take more than one big game in a single season.
WBH Conservation Scholarship Fund
If taken on State, County or Federal Land, you may wish to contribute $5.00 to the WBH Conservation Scholarship Fund. Please check the appropriate box on the Harvest Voucher.
Gold Pin award for First Big Game Kill - Diamonds awarded for additional Deer kills - Ruby for Bear - Emerald for Coyote - Blue Sapphire for Turkey - Topaz for Bobcat - Amethyst for Wolf. (Note: If your first kill is a bear, coyote or turkey, you will receive the proper stone for next deer kill.) If your Gold pin is filled (only 5 stones awarded and
only 3 of one kind), your name is placed on the WBH Honor Roll with credit for all big game kills thereafter, and you will receive an emblem with number of kills, i.e.: Deer - white, Bear - red, Coyote - green, Turkey - blue, Bobcat - yellow, and Wolf - amethyst.